EksenaIloilo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)

Go down 
+6
B
casper
shrimpf
Robot J4worsk1
tambok
"Junius"
10 posters
AuthorMessage
"Junius"
Columnist

piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) Empty
PostSubject: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Why is it that there are some people who would really go to extremes just to prove their worth, and perhaps this will never change.

CAN ANYONE OWN MUSIC? JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE GOOD AT THAT PARTICULAR GENRE DOESN’T MEAN YOU'RE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED PLAYING THAT KIND OF MUSIC? Or WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IF A BAND PLAYS FIRST OR LAST??

This is based on my own opinion. First, CAN ANYONE OWN MUSIC?

I really don’t know MUSIC in all its form but my answer to this is NO, and I’m sure all of us will agree on this one. I remember a friend of mine telling me (if my memory serves me right) that there are only 8 major chords in the guitar and there is a 9 out 10 chance that a particular song will sound the same as to another band, WHICH IS PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME!!! That’s the main reason why we have genres, the most common example to this one are revivals. A KENNY G song could be turned into a DANCE ANTHEM by BOB SINCLAIR, or ONE LOVE by BOB MARLEY added a little “flavah” (as my homies would call it)  by RIHANNA, turned out pretty good too.

MORAL LESSON: If you don’t want others to sound the same as you do, GO CREATE YOU'RE OWN CHORDS OR NOTES THEN, or just simply be creative. No one can take music away from you, but it doesn’t mean you own it.

Second, BECAUSE YOU'RE GOOD AT THAT PARTICULAR GENRE DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED PLAYING THAT KIND OF MUSIC?

This is just plain B***S**T!!! Really, I mean why would some one even have the guts to think this way? BAND DISCRIMINATION??? I cannot believe that this is still happening and I feel bad for the people who practice it. The mere fact that these people are the ones I look up to??? SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!

Lastly, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IF A BAND PLAYS FIRST OR LAST?

Here we go again. This problem is experienced in every gig here in Iloilo or maybe in other cities too. Is it ego or another deeper reason perhaps, I really don’t know. I’m just curious as to why this is happening every time, and what can we do to actually stop this or CAN WE EVEN STOP THIS? I have been in the scene for 4 years now, and as far as I can remember I have been a victim of this bad practice from bands who are selfish and arrogant. I don’t know if this was already happening in the 90’s as well or even before I was part of the scene.

I have an idea as to why some bands would prefer NOT to be first - because of the crowd. There is not that much people compared to #5 or #7. So if that’s the case, the gig would start late and it affects the entire outcome of the event. WHY??

1. The last band would start their DRAMA by saying that if you (the people who are in charge of the gig) started on time people would still be here listening to us.
Result: Bands will have grudges against production outfits.

2. The people who are watching will start to complain why they have to wait.
Result: less people in the next event.

3. The order of the bands that are about to play will start to jumble and God knows what’s next.

My point is, it doesn’t matter if you come first or last. I know for a fact that bands play music because they want to be heard, (I don’t know if that’s still the case nowadays) but if you come to think of it, your number does not affect your music at all. WHY? For example, you played 7th or last, the crowd is jam packed, but NO ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU, they hear you but they don’t get the message that you’re trying to relay. I bet that the people will remember you as “SOME BAND” who played this and that and will forget you as soon as they wake up. If you played FIRST and there’s just one person or maybe a group of 5 listening to you, but they feel your passion for music, they appreciate your art, that group of people will be talking about you the following days and spread it to their friends. WHICH IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS, RIGHT???

These are some of the issues that I really want to tackle on this article, I maybe wrong so if you disagree on anything about this article that’s fine with me and if you have any inputs on this one feel free to comment.
Back to top Go down
tambok
Thread Reader
tambok

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:23 am

"Second, BECAUSE YOU'RE GOOD AT THAT PARTICULAR GENRE DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED PLAYING THAT KIND OF MUSIC?"

Huo! siya gid hu!! SIYA GD!! hahaha... kilala ko gid haha,, pati ah..

NOSEBLEED!!! hahahahha,,, pero sakto ah hahahaha... wooot
Back to top Go down
http://www.wala_ko_social_life_kag_boring_ako.com
Robot J4worsk1
Tambay
Robot J4worsk1

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:05 pm

“if you ain’t first, you’re last”

-Ricky Bobby
Back to top Go down
shrimpf
Tambay
shrimpf

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:46 pm

para sa akon wala ma na pa first2x or last2x or mahulat ka gid crowd para makita ka ga tukar ka, importante ga enjoy ka taga tukar mo!!
Back to top Go down
casper
Tambay
casper

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:49 pm

pala lantaw lang ko gig eh la ko gatukar.pero na notice ko man nga daw mas damu ang tawo sa last kung hindi kalab-ot untl dawn. pero wala gid ya tawo kun first ka.hehe liban sa org kag friends.
Back to top Go down
B
B

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:54 am

hmmm..depende mana sa mga circumstances..like fo example, may event or occasion pa beh na kadtuan before ang isa sa mga matukar sa banda, then the organizers would understand as long as ipabalo lang earlier pra maplastaran na bla aw. tas kun mag draw lots, dpende sa mga banda kun mapasugot sila na magswap eh kun reasonable man bla ang rason kun ngaa maswap sila..

dpende na na ya kun panu maghakut crowd ang mga banda. kun furst batch sila tas na inform na nila mga friends nila beforehand, then mas mayu eh..may iban da na banda nga biskan ulihi o tunga sila, la man ginatindugan aw? dpende na yah kun panu magdiskarte ang mga matukar. yes, they do play fo tha music but i dunno fo some, they play fo what? effin fame? then la na ta da ya kay ila na na ya issue ya..basta pra sakon, WE'RE HERE BECAUSE OF THA MUSIC. teh kun may causa kaya tas trip muh itie-up sa isa ka gig, then tha better. dvah? dvah? teehee Wink

ang sa mga ga own own da..well..ila na na ya issue..music is supposed to be shared not hoarded. express it in the most beautiful & wonderful way na makayanan muh eh..poh please lang.. no 30--minute guitar solos..u may have tha pick of destiny but..lihog lang...bwahaha lol!
Back to top Go down
http://herscribbles.multiply.com
chuwi
Tambay
chuwi

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:46 pm

hmmm.. indi man ko part sg banda, pero base sa magulang ko, wala sila labot kung ano sila nga number, may tao man o wala, timprano man or kaagahon na.. ang importante, kompleto kag ulupod sila.. bal-an ko, gaenjoy lang siya ya magtukar kay sadya upod niya, kag nasadyahan siya magtukar.. audience man sila gani kung kis-a! supporter man sg kapwa nila nagabanda... actually, it really doesn't matter whether you are first or last, importante you are having fun and you know what you are doing!=)
Back to top Go down
http://www.shuwee.multiply.com
casper
Tambay
casper

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:52 pm

muna man ang law-ay kay may naga panuya man bala aw? pwede man ara ka kag ara sila nga manuya gid? teh imbis nga mag enjoy ang iban naga huya2x na lang.
Back to top Go down
porkandbeans
Tambay
porkandbeans

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:31 pm

law-ay last ka!!! basag na ang AMP!!!!
Back to top Go down
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:53 pm

nami nga numbers is 3-7... haha
Back to top Go down
Robot J4worsk1
Tambay
Robot J4worsk1

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:16 am

laway lang kung una numbers nyo. kung mga 1-3 b. or bskn asta pa 5 kung tamad ang gamix sang gamit. inyo tunog daw lata hehe ginapraktisan kmu kung kisa. tapos kibot ka ya sa ulihi nga mga bands nami ya ila tunog hahaha
Back to top Go down
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:35 am

kapila na gid man na natabo robot. hehehe... pero subong, wala na ko labot sa kn ano number namon. ako lng ha, mga upod ko ya pislian pa na. maka tukar man gyapon. po law-ay lng ya kn last kamo kag damo2 ang banda, mga waiter na lng kag botelya ka redhorse audience nyo. hehe..
Back to top Go down
J| o š É
J| o š É

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:18 am

of course no one owns music,. who the hell would even think that he/she own music. event the egyptians didn't own it,.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)   piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

piece of parchment-ROCKSTAR (12/02/2008)
Page 1 of 1